1. Concept – A simple yet good concept is essential to making a good poster. You should be able to explain your poster in one sentence.
2. Personal – Take the subject matter to heart.
3. Provote – Make sure your poster gets a reaction from the viewer.
4. Empathy – Show understanding for whom your poster effects the most.
5. Negative/Positive – Your poster can show a negative or positive attitude towards a brief.
6. See – Always remember people see with their eyes. Try to catch their attention.
7. Connect – How do I connect to the general audience and the people concerning this problem?
8. Universal – Your poster should reach a wide audience. So that everyone around the world is effected by your poster in some way.
9. Put yourself in their shoes – Try to put yourself in the mindset of the people your poster effects. Also what experiences and situations they would go through in their life.
10. Why? – Ask yourself why am I creating this poster?
by Christopher Scott